jueves, 14 de noviembre de 2013

CHAPTER 1- MR LUCAS STARTS TO VISIT


Adrian Mole is a teenager who keeps a diary where he describes his life.

At the begining of the year everything went wrong. His parents were ill and his dog has to be operated. Besides, he had an acne problema which was difficult to solve. The only satistaction was to meet a girl called Pandora. He likes her. Even, he thinks that his neighbour (Mr Lucas) is in love with his mother, what can be a problem for his family.
 
 
VOCABULARY:



Squeeze

Verb

Apretar

To press a spot

He shouldn´t squeeze spots

Speedometer

Noun

Velocímetro

Instrument  of a bicycle that serves to measure the speed

My speedometer was showing a constant speed

Saddle

Noun

Sillín

 Seat on a bicycle or motorcycle.

I will have to change my saddle because it´s very uncomfortable

Treacle

Noun

(De melaza)

A sweet liquid wich is obtained in sugar´s process

Her shoulder-length is the colour of treacle

Kick

Verb

Dar una patada / Golpear

To hit with the foot or feet

He threw me to the ground and started to kick me

Come  round

Verb

Pasar por casa

To visit someone at their house

I had come to visit her

Wave

Verb

Hacer señales con la mano / Saludar

To move your hand in the air to say hello or goodbye

I waved my neighbour from the car

Disgusting

Adjective

 Asqueroso

Hateful / Repugnant

Smoking is a disgusting habit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVFpnCiwp_0&feature=player_detailpage
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario