viernes, 22 de noviembre de 2013

CHAPTER 3- VALENTINE´S DAY

For Adrian the events of his life didn´t improve.
On the one hand, at school, the 14th of February, he sent a Valentin´s Day card to Pandora. Besides, a furious guy called Borry Kent threatened him if Adrian didn´t give him 50 pence every day. Adrian felt frightened because of this fact.
On the other hand, Mrs Lucas have left her house, so Mr Lucas spends too much time in Mole´s house. Adrian continues to think that his mother and the neighbourd like each other. In adittion, his parents have got a lot of arguments.

VOCABULARY OH THE CHAPTER:



Thoughtful

Adjective

Considerado

If you describe someone as thoughtful, you approve of them because they remember what other people want, need, or feel

My parents should be more thoughtful

Gravy

Noun

Salsa

Sauce made from the juices that come from meat when it cooks

I took gravy in salad

Profit

Noun

Beneficio

money that you gain when you are paid more for something than it cost you to make, get, or do it.

My savings bring me good profits

Senile

Adjective

Senil

My grandfather can´t look after himself. He is senile

People who cannot remember things and are unable to look after themselves

Royalty

Noun

Realeza

The members of royal families are sometimes referred to as royalty.  

I feel  like a member of royalty

To  fix

Verb

Arreglar/ solucionar

If you fix something which is damage, you repair it.

I tried to fix the washing machine, but I couldn´t

 Stuck

Adjective

Atascado

If you are stuck, you are unable to continue doing something because it´s too difficult

I´m stuck on this problem

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario