jueves, 21 de noviembre de 2013

CHAPTER 2- PANDORA! MY LOST LOVE!

Adrian Mole´s life got worse. He had to help an old man called Baxter. He was a disgusting man  who drank and smoked a lot. The experience is horrible for Adrian.
Besides, Pandora has started to go out with Nigel (Adrian´s friend). Adrian feels miserable.
Even his neighbourds got a divorce and now, his neighbourd is always wtih his mother.
The most surprising thing is that Adrian´s mother got a job in the same place as the neighbourd (Mr Lucas).
Adrian feels depressed because his mother hasn´t got enough time for him. She is always with Mr Lucas.


VOCABULARY:



Path

Noun

Sendero

It is a long strip of ground which people walk to get from one place to another

I have to cross a path to come to my house

Nearby

Adjective

Cercano

It is only a short distance away

I will go on holidays to a city nearby

Choke

Verb

Atragantarse (con algo)

When you choked, you cannot breathe or you cannot get enough hair into your lungs

I choked with the meal. It´s was horrible!

Mood

Noun

Humor

Ití the way you are feeling at a particular time

I was in a bad mood. Everything seemed to myself unlikely.

Recover

Verb

Recuperarse

To became  well again

I recovered soon of my injury

To get  tinto trouble

Verb

Meterse en problemas

To have a problems

You shouldn´t have got into trouble

Cross

Adjective

Enfadado

Angry, annoyed

He is cross with the whole world

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario